There are several reasons why you may experience power only getting to either the front or the rear wheels. Here are some things to check:
1. Check wheels for stripping and loose nuts.
2. Check all dogbones including the center ones. If you have CVDs, check the cross-pins.
3. Check center drive cup retainer grub screw (#86095 at the diff) (#86094 at the tranny). Use blue loctite on these.
4. Check pinion gears. If you have been hearing a clicking sound lately while braking, you could have a bad pinion gear.
5. Check the diff itself. If the screws that hold the ring gear (86030) to the diff cup (85044) come loose, you will have diff failure.
6. Check your diff side bearings (B032), and pinion bearings (B085) If one of those fails, it will cause your ring gear not to mesh properly with the pinion gear.
Answers to all of your Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests