*ZOOM'S SAVAGE AND SUGGY*

Not your average Savage Hop ups. These are highly modified, with some home-made parts.

Moderator: Moderators

savage_rockinginC0
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Re: *ZOOM'S SAVAGE AND SUGGY* UPDATED PICS 6/03/07!!!

Post by savage_rockinginC0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:07 am

send it to jenny craig

Heeeeeeey Kirstie :lol:

We could name my buddies race LST as the flying brick. Not sure if i would want to turn marshall when that savage is flying off a jump crooked.

17 pounds *censored*

That is like two of my CENs lol
Eric

Always a savage owner at heart

CEN Matrix Pro FRE
Type S chassis, 7075 braces, 7075 Diff brace, 7075 steering plate
Go Technology .21 5 port Turbo
Dynamite Platinum o53 MR Hard Annodized

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:01 pm

Savage_star wrote:17 pounds..... HOLY *censored*..... *censored* that like 2 of my buggies man... *censored* you need to put that thing on a diet send it to jenny craig... HAHA LOL
It wont eat jenny craigs food. It eats people :cry:
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Savage_star
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by Savage_star » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 pm

HAHAHA.. The flying brick... The other weekend at the track this kid shows up with all all Integy Savage.. I mean everything with Purple.. Kinda made me sick a lil.. So he hits the track and and my buddie goes HOLY *censored* its the Barney Mobile.. I almost dropped my TX i was laughing soo hard... Any way moral of the story were idiots...

Any whom 17 pounds eh... Nick we can melt that thing down and build like 4 normal savages... HAHAHA... *censored* thats alot of aluminum.. How that thing jump ??
Every One is Entitled to MY Opinion

**DISCLAIMER** Savage Star is a Crazy man who over the Years has inhaled to much Nitro fumes which have profoundly effect his ability to think straight.. ** DISCLAIMER**

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

eadnoth
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by eadnoth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Looks really good, Zoom.
I like the polished steering posts and the steering tie rods. What make are they?
Not so shot on the t/b linkage. Could have turned that servo around so you had a bit more length to play with.

As to being a 17 pounder. wow.
I had a truck that got quite heavy not as heavy as yours but i found it was great in bowls. Skate parks or gravel pits.
With a small amount of speed it would do wall of death and climb out of a bowl with no probs.
I guess the extra weight gave it a bit more g-force which gave some better traction.

looking forward to seeing the truggy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:56 pm

Savage_star wrote:HAHAHA.. The flying brick... The other weekend at the track this kid shows up with all all Integy Savage.. I mean everything with Purple.. Kinda made me sick a lil.. So he hits the track and and my buddie goes HOLY *censored* its the Barney Mobile.. I almost dropped my TX i was laughing soo hard... Any way moral of the story were idiots...

Any whom 17 pounds eh... Nick we can melt that thing down and build like 4 normal savages... HAHAHA... *censored* thats alot of aluminum.. How that thing jump ??

haha, newbs :lol: It jumps awesome, I dont think its actualy 17 pounds but its a *censored* of a lot heavier than stock :wink:

eadnoth wrote:Looks really good, Zoom.
I like the polished steering posts and the steering tie rods. What make are they?
Not so shot on the t/b linkage. Could have turned that servo around so you had a bit more length to play with.

As to being a 17 pounder. wow.
I had a truck that got quite heavy not as heavy as yours but i found it was great in bowls. Skate parks or gravel pits.
With a small amount of speed it would do wall of death and climb out of a bowl with no probs.
I guess the extra weight gave it a bit more g-force which gave some better traction.

looking forward to seeing the truggy.
ITs GPM I believe. Realy cheap on ebay and it comes with bearings :) The linkage works amazing so I dont have any problems with it.
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

eadnoth
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by eadnoth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:17 pm

oops.
I was wondering what the tie rods were.
Look like lunsford with different ball ends.
If the linkage works for ya. Then it's all good.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:41 pm

eadnoth wrote:oops.
I was wondering what the tie rods were.
Look like lunsford with different ball ends.
If the linkage works for ya. Then it's all good.
They are lunsford titaium turn buckles and ends.

If you are looking at the suggy I dont know what brand any of the linkage or steering stuff is :oops:
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:08 pm

IRC SHOCK REVIEW

Product Name: Innovative-RC Shocks and 5mm Mounting Kit

Manufacturer:Innovative-RC
Product Description:
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KiZ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by KiZ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Wow Zoom, 7 months! That must be record time for writing a review :D

Nah I'm just having a poke, good review. I agree with all your points, however personally, despite my loyal support for IRC, I put the installation at an 8.

My December review wrote:I had some problems during the install however, it certainly wasn't plain sailing. First off two of the screws were missing. This wasnt a disaster as I could use the original shock mounting screws as replacements for them, although they wont be as strong, without a machine thread and a locknut on them. [Rob of course would have sent me out screws if I had told him what happened. I was just impatient ;) ]

Next, one of the shocks was actually binding about halfway through the compression. After a few minutes of pumping the shock manually, putting force into the area of binding, it loosened up considerably though. My guess was the piston had some extra crap that was getting hung up, which ground off finally, leaving it fairly smooth (still binding slightly).

Three of the shock's springs bind up on the shock body a small amount, which detracts from the super smoothness of them. [This is fixed now!] This is a great shame, because they really are silky otherwise. It seems to be because the end and the beginning of the coil that make the shock are at the same point on the top and bottom, making one side slightly taller than the other, causing the spring to bend slightly and rub against the shock body. Having the coil end at the other side from where it starts would surely solve this problem.

The last niggle was that the tierod relocation bracket did not fit in with the stock TVPs perfectly. Its not a huge problem, especially given how few people still have a non extended chassis.

To summarize, some mounting screws were missing, the Tierod relocation bracket did not fit perfectly on stock TVPs and the springs rub on the bodies[not anymore!], and there was some initial binding in the pistons (which disappeared after breaking them in).

However these are very small points and I was VERY HAPPY with my shocks too, and now I have my IRC extended TVPs, I can run without the relocation bracket, looks even better now!

They have stood the test of time and bashing. 7 months later despite a bit of road rash on the caps >.< (owie) they are just as good as when I got them.
Last edited by KiZ on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.kizzard.net/gallery/][img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/kizzzard/gray-sav.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 pm

KiZ wrote:Wow Zoom, 7 months! That must be record time for writing a review :D

Nah I'm just having a poke, good review. I agree with all your points, however personally, despite my loyal support for IRC, I put the installation at an 8.

My December review wrote:I had some problems during the install however, it certainly wasn't plain sailing. First off two of the screws were missing. This wasnt a disaster as I could use the original shock mounting screws as replacements for them, although they wont be as strong, without a machine thread and a locknut on them,

Next, one of the shocks was actually binding about halfway through the compression. After a few minutes of pumping the shock manually, putting force into the area of binding, it loosened up considerably though. My guess was the piston had some extra crap that was getting hung up, which ground off finally, leaving it fairly smooth (still binding slightly).

Three of the shock's springs bind up on the shock body a small amount, which detracts from the super smoothness of them. This is a great shame, because they really are silky otherwise. It seems to be because the end and the beginning of the coil that make the shock are at the same point on the top and bottom, making one side slightly taller than the other, causing the spring to bend slightly and rub against the shock body. Having the coil end at the other side from where it starts would surely solve this problem.

The last niggle was that the tierod relocation bracket did not fit in with the stock TVPs perfectly. Its not a huge problem, especially given how few people still have a non extended chassis.

To summarize, some mounting screws were missing, the Tierod relocation bracket did not fit perfectly on stock TVPs and the springs rub on the bodies, and there was some initial binding in the pistons (which disappeared after breaking them in).

However these are very small points and I was VERY HAPPY with my shocks too, and now I have my IRC extended TVPs, I can run without the relocation bracket, looks even better now!

They have stood the test of time and bashing. 7 months later despite a bit of road rash on the caps >.< (owie) they are just as good as when I got them.
Ahh, I had some extra screws since I had him send me only parts of the mounting kit I needed. And all my shocks are silky smooth. :? But yeah they seem great so far, only got a handful of tanks on them and some bashing but hopefuly I can break out some hard core bashing on it soon :)
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kudos
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by kudos » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:35 am

you said about spings, ending and starting in the same place, we have fixed that issue now since our 2nd batch of shocks, we took that feedback in our hands to out spring makers and they where kind enough to make spings that end and start in opasit postions so now they do not bind on the body etc.

if you where missing some screws you should of emailed us, i would put some out to you in post, not a problem.

rob
[img]http://www.innovative-rc.co.uk/images/banner2.gif[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KiZ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by KiZ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:33 am

Yeah I knew you would have sent me some out straight away, dude. I was just impatient and had screws I could use. Sorry if I sounded like it was a problem.

Great to hear you got the springs problem sorted out. I might have to buy a new set with the upcoming brakes ;)

(I fixed my review to show of your changes with the springs, thanks for telling me)
[url=http://www.kizzard.net/gallery/][img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/kizzzard/gray-sav.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:20 pm

I was bored so I spent the last 2 hours working on the SUGGY. Filed down the flywheel access hole so hopefuly I can run bump start. I filed down a bump start backplate and put it on the mach. Mounted engine, pipe, fuel lines. Seems ready to run now:) Just need to charge, set trims, set up bump box.
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dscotch
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by dscotch » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:40 pm

hey love the savage and suggy!! have a question as im trying to do my midtank on my savage same as yours..
what kind of radio box is that and where do you get from?
and where/how is your steering servo mounted?

any help most appreciated! :D

cheers
daniel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:24 am

dscotch wrote:hey love the savage and suggy!! have a question as im trying to do my midtank on my savage same as yours..
what kind of radio box is that and where do you get from?
and where/how is your steering servo mounted?

any help most appreciated! :D

cheers
daniel

Thanks
Box is made by CEN and can be picked up on ebay.
Servos are mounted with FLM servo mounts.
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MonsterMan
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MonsterMan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Freakin Awesome DUDE!! I love it!! I gotta get my hands on a roller and some FLM PARTS!! :wink:
Chris
Hpi Baja 5B Modded Hpi Baja 5T MAXXED OUT
[img]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/monsterman--HBF/Forum%20Logos%20Banners%20Sigs/sawmmiemonstermansig.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:15 pm

MonsterMan wrote:Freakin Awesome DUDE!! I love it!! I gotta get my hands on a roller and some FLM PARTS!! :wink:
Thanks Chris! Glad to see you back into the savage game :mrgreen:
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ShOrTaY
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ShOrTaY » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:59 am

Looking F*** sweet!
Just ordered my FLM stuff today, LCG Ext. TVPs, Engine Plate and Skid Plate and got myself an OFNA Linkage kit...
****SAVAGE FOR SALE****

http://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums...5900#post95900

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Just a little update. Yesterday I took the SUGGY 100% apart. I rebuilt the diffs to 50K and am setting it up to bash. I think im done racing. I think its about time I finish it and actually fire it up 8O
-Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SavageGoZoom
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SavageGoZoom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 pm

*removed from first post*

FLM EASY MID-TANK DIRECTIONS