The ultimate Savage Racing Truggy Conversion

Post your racing related tips and questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nitrojedi
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

The ultimate Savage Racing Truggy Conversion

Post by Nitrojedi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Over the years hundreds have asked how to to convert their Savage to the ultimate racer.... So bit by bit I developed the ultimate ultimate in Savage racing conversion.....

So here is some track video of my Kosho Truggy conversion I did to my Savage  ..... It cost me $900.00 for the all parts, but now this bad boy can hang with the best of the best in both bashing and racing......The good thing with this conversion is it allows me to use a starterbox...which opens the doors for me to run almost any engine I want..This conversion is built on a hardened 4 mm aluminum plate which allows the components to be spread out more which makes maintenance easier... All in all for $900 this conversion is absolutely *censored*.... I know $900 sounds like alot, but when you consider this is all inclusive... every aluminum upgrade needed, throttle mod, fuel tank mod...upgraded shocks.... Protective wing which acts as a roll cage to protect the engine..the works, this car has it all......lightened drivetrain.etc etc the list of speed mods is endless.....  I know many here have invested more than $900 in their Savages so this conversion is too far out of range for a high end racer Savage build......  I used Kyosho parts which are more expensive, but you can do a similar conversion using Hotbodies parts for about $500.00..... So if your a HPI fan the Hotbodies conversion may be perfect for you as Hotbodies is owned by HPI.......

Anyways here is some video of the conversion  ...enjoy !!!  
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOQGvmk3q4[/youtube]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gablett
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by gablett » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:07 pm

[quote="Nitrojedi";p="882455"]Over the years hundreds have asked how to to convert their Savage to the ultimate racer.... So bit by bit I developed the ultimate ultimate in Savage racing conversion.....

So here is some track video of my Kosho Truggy conversion I did to my Savage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SV250
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by SV250 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:27 am

Cool, like to see some pics of the work.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/383%20Jeep/SV-SIG04-02.png[/img]
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/sv250/?special_track=nav_tab_album

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MShark
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by MShark » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 am

Do you have any close ups? Would like to see what you've done to the truck.:)
Looking for well modded truggy/buggy, PM me! Also maybe Savage X/XL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

I_Like_Nitro
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by I_Like_Nitro » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 pm

I don't know if that is the world's fastest Savage...but there is no doubt that is the world's baddest Savage. OMG!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links