official HELLFIRE discussion in here

Discuss anything R/C related that does not fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mr-wanna-savage
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by mr-wanna-savage » Sat May 13, 2006 4:17 pm

LOKKS AWSOME :twisted:
<div>[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/xxsavage-guyxx/flamingsavage46logo8ex.gif[/img]<br />[url=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/xxsavage-guyxx/IMG_1747.jpg][savage]----MY BEAST SAVAGE----[4.6][/url]</div><br />

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Fri May 19, 2006 6:33 pm

just got the redesinged arms fro hpi :D looks like they are stronger!! will see tomorrow!!! the new motor plate looks good also 8)
Savage#1 flm lcg ext tvp\'s sts.28, fullforce towers, mid-tank,zombies,UE super shocks
Savage #2 Full Force carbon fiber chassis, bpdiffs,wing, cvd's V-Spec, mid-tank
Savage #3 Flux with?????????????
If it ain't broke go faster and jump higher!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tomkar
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by tomkar » Fri May 26, 2006 4:18 am

I noticed discussion about diff cups of hellfire... They are not the same as Savages. They seam to be made of much stronger plastic and they have a metal pushing there the drive-shaft comes out from instead of just hole in a plastic as savage cups have.
Hellfire diff bearings have also the same outer diameter as savage diff pearings so that you could use hellfire diff pearing on the cup side of diff and savage bearing on 43T side of diff..
I have not tried that yet but it's in my plans ... In short - it looks like you could use whole hellfire diff on savage by replacing just the 42T with the3 savages 43T along with its bearing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Wed May 31, 2006 7:34 pm

HELLFIRE FOR SALE!!!
Savage#1 flm lcg ext tvp\'s sts.28, fullforce towers, mid-tank,zombies,UE super shocks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ACE_79
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ACE_79 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:02 am

tomkar wrote:I noticed discussion about diff cups of hellfire... They are not the same as Savages. They seam to be made of much stronger plastic and they have a metal pushing there the drive-shaft comes out from instead of just hole in a plastic as savage cups have.
Hellfire diff bearings have also the same outer diameter as savage diff pearings so that you could use hellfire diff pearing on the cup side of diff and savage bearing on 43T side of diff..
I have not tried that yet but it's in my plans ... In short - it looks like you could use whole hellfire diff on savage by replacing just the 42T with the3 savages 43T along with its bearing.

I have a Hellfire and a Savage and what you are speaking about is exactly what i did with my savage, the Hellfire Cups fit perfect and are much stronger!
Note that on the cup fits the much stronger 16x8x5 bearings, my 43T are moddet to fit this bearing aswell.
[url=http://www.nitromaniacs.de][img]http://people.freenet.de/ace_79/signatur.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dan22
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by Dan22 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:38 am

I'ver herd that alot of people are breaking there front arms, has anyone else has this problem?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ACE_79
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by ACE_79 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:20 pm

There were weak arms, but they are redesigned and exchanged now.
[url=http://www.nitromaniacs.de][img]http://people.freenet.de/ace_79/signatur.gif[/img][/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:34 am

well, after getting a chance to really put this thing thru it's paces [north east bashfest] on a track, i'm glad i bought it :D

after fixing the first obvious breakage issue [steering servo], i proceeded to hammer on this thing for about 5 hours total at the bash fest. it ran perfect all day, other than loosing a wheel nut [we found it, and the wheel was fine] and running it dry several times, it made it thru the whole day with no bending or breaking of anything. i was also clearing a good sized triple jump with it, and did a few 'face plants' into the third part of the triple with no damage.

the only issue i found is the nose heavy attitude, and off power steering was too much, BUT, the suspension is still set to out of the box spec., i firmly believe with some chassis tweaking nothing would touch this thing on the track.
savage #1 lrp z28, savage #2 mach .26, savage #3 wasp .26, savage #4 mach .26, savage X, Hellfire, GS storm,
2 nitro M/T's with a few mods, mini-T, 'magic wheels' Snap-On truck, xmod evo [firebird], LST2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

polarman
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by polarman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:19 pm

I have to say that Hellfire tbill is running was very impressive to watch on the track.If we had thrown together a little race at bashfest (which we did not due to lack of interest) I have a feeling that Hellfire would have been the winner.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/polarman440/sig1.jpg[/img]
Masonic Lodge # 439 Delhi, NY

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

martijn25
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by martijn25 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:18 pm

well Old post.. but since i got a hellfire question.. here it is..

Bought a second hand Hellfie with .32 Axial engine... Man that thing has some torque.. but serious lacks on high end... I think it's due to the stock pipe that can't handle the power? any thoughts on that??

thinking of getting a Tsais pipe for truggy?
or mounting a Fantom pipe .. maybe can make the savy one fit??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fom
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by fom » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:16 pm

the axial just has no top end, if you get it ported and polished it WILL SCREAM.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

martijn25
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by martijn25 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:05 am

fom wrote:the axial just has no top end, if you get it ported and polished it WILL SCREAM.

arrg... so something to do for me again... order a new sleeve.. and try and port the old one myself... did it with a .15 from HPI on my RS4. did get some upgrade in performance.. but i gues that a bigger sleeve is easier to port... :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:19 pm

sold my hellfire a while back cause i wanted to build a better savage. I did that and am now looking to get a truggy again! Any new tought on the hellfire or the hellfire ss?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bcane98
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by bcane98 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:43 pm

I think the SS is WAY over priced.. I want one too, but then again I want one of everything :lol: Anyway I have heard some good things about the HB LSP or the Jammin CRT... A buddy of mine had the CRT and was amazed...
[url=http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59285]HOW TO USE THE SEARCH TOOL-BASICS[/url]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/bcane98/Signatures/RCSignature7.jpg[/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dyehard
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by Dyehard » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:57 pm

I have 3 freinds with crt's and they are verry happy with them! Im just keeping my options open. I liked the hellfire that I had but it needed lots of changing to make it handel right and was hoping that somone had the ss version and could give some input.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gruby
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Gruby » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:31 am

Hmmm i'm thinking of selling my Savage and buying Hellfire SS, and i wanted to ask if i can use Savage diffs on Hellfire - because i understood, that you can use hellfire diffs on Savage, but what about Sav diffs in Hellfire? I'm asking, because i have nice alu difs in my savage :D.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

savage_rockinginC0
Savage Extraordinaire
Savage Extraordinaire

Post by savage_rockinginC0 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:37 am

The internals in the diffs on the hellfire are actually nicer, and you dont need to run alloy diff cups in a truggy
Eric

Always a savage owner at heart

CEN Matrix Pro FRE
Type S chassis, 7075 braces, 7075 Diff brace, 7075 steering plate
Go Technology .21 5 port Turbo
Dynamite Platinum o53 MR Hard Annodized

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gruby
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Gruby » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:46 am

ok - cool - thanks for info :D
Savage STS .28, LST2 shocks, FLM LCG Chassis
Hellfire SS STS.28, Jammi' JP-3

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tbill
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by tbill » Tue May 22, 2007 8:11 pm

any new input on these? haven't really had mine out in ages, plan to be thrashing it again shortly though.
savage #1 lrp z28, savage #2 mach .26, savage #3 wasp .26, savage #4 mach .26, savage X, Hellfire, GS storm,
2 nitro M/T's with a few mods, mini-T, 'magic wheels' Snap-On truck, xmod evo [firebird], LST2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gruby
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Gruby » Wed May 23, 2007 1:10 am

I already bought mine ss kit - it's waiting for me in US - and i will come during my summer holidays at july & august. I will write more after i will run it for some time :D
Savage STS .28, LST2 shocks, FLM LCG Chassis
Hellfire SS STS.28, Jammi' JP-3

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links